NEXT MEETING … Thurs. 26th Sept 2013
A new season begins with cheese, wine and an illustrated talk by Club Members Adrian & Pam White with some of their amazing travel photography.
New or potential members always welcome – and you can register your interest straightaway by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
SHAFTESBURY CAMERA CLUB CONSTITUTION
(Approved at the Annual General Meeting May 2011)
1. The Club shall be known as Shaftesbury Camera Club.
2. The aim of the Club is to promote a wider understanding of the art and craft of photography in all its aspects.
3. An Annual General Meeting shall be held in May of each year.
4. The Club’s financial year shall run from 1st May to 30th April each year.
5. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee, with those undertaking the following roles being eligible for the Committee:
Chairman Programme Secretary
Vice-Chairman PDI Secretary
Secretary Print Secretary
Treasurer Equipment Secretary
The Committee shall also have the power to co-opt additional Members.
A Committee meeting requires a quorum of 4 Committee Members.
6. The Committee shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
7. A Special General Meeting may be called by the Committee at any time.
8. The Competition Rules and amendments thereto shall be approved at an Annual General Meeting. The Committee shall have the power to amend such Rules during the Club year, subject to the amendments being approved at the next Annual General Meeting.
9. Annual membership fees and visitors’ fees shall be determined by the Committee and be subject to approval at an Annual General Meeting.
10. A Member shall be appointed as Auditor at an Annual General Meeting.
11. The Club funds shall be kept in a bank account in the name of Shaftesbury Camera Club. Cheques drawn on the account must be signed by two of three designated Committee Members, with such signatories to be approved at an Annual or Special General Meeting.
12. Any expenditure shall be approved by the Committee, with the exception of general running costs of the Club.
13. The Club shall not be liable for loss or damage to Members’ property.
14. The Constitution and amendments thereto shall be approved at an Annual or Special General Meeting.