NEXT MEETING … Thurs. 26th Sept 2013
A new season begins with cheese, wine and an illustrated talk by Club Members Adrian & Pam White with some of their amazing travel photography.
New or potential members always welcome – and you can register your interest straightaway by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our virtual “Digital Workshop”
Workshops are an important part of learning and extending our photographic skills. In addition to normal workshops, we have this area of the web limited to ”members-only” where we have short practical articles on various aspects of digital photography, photo editing, software, storing and archiving of photographs. Over time, we hope these will become a worthwhile resource to help those new to digital photography as well as more experienced members. Whether you’ve got the answers, or even more importantly, the questions, please get in touch to help us expand the topics covered.
The overall objective is to de-mystify the whole topic of digital photography and to help everyone learn from each other.
We’ve already begun to cover various topics including some of these…
- From camera to computer – how to transfer and store images
- Choosing and using photo organisers – making sure you stay in control
- Backup and Archiving photographic files - the differences, and the pitfalls
- Photographic software – especially highly rated Open Source & free
- Photoshop (inc Elements) – basic techniques
- RAW photography – the how, why, when and what?
- Depth of field - some new easy ways to finding hyperfocal & DoF
Please use the drop-down list from “Pixels” in the menu above for the complete list of topics covered so far. If you would like to help write one or suggest other topics, please get in contact.